Code of Conduct
To ensure the smooth, safe running of RJ Performing Arts and an enjoyable experience by all, below you will find our code of conduct. As always we are open to feedback, so if any of the requirements outlined below are unclear or concerning, please give us a call to discuss further. Following a formal meeting, we do reserve the right to dismiss or take disciplinary action on any students or parents who breach our studio’s code of conduct. Families who do not comply with their fee or costume payment obligations may be charged an administration fee, and/or be excluded from performances. External debt collection may occur when fees remain overdue and this will be at the expense of the client. Costume expenses are the responsibility of the parent, and costumes will not be issued to students with unpaid class fees.
- No classes (including private lessons) or teachers are to be disturbed unless it is an emergency. Parents are not to approach teachers or students during class and if messages or food/drink/medication needs to be passed on to a student, it must be done before or after the lesson. All parents must wait in the waiting areas or outside of the studios until classes have been dismissed.
- We are unable to take responsibility for our students before or after their scheduled classes and it is the responsibility of the parent to ensure their child is picked up and dropped off on time. In the case of an emergency or unavoidable delay, please contact the studio immediately to inform us of the situation so we can keep your child calm and safe until they can be collected.
- Any questions or complaints must go through the principal – parents and students are not permitted to contact RJ Performing Arts Academy teachers via phone, in person, or via email / social networking with studio issues unless it has been approved with the principal first. Personal meetings with the studio principal can happily be arranged via email.
- In the rare case of a parent or student showing disrespect or defamation to any parent, staff member or student, a meeting will be called immediately and dismissal may be considered at the discretion of the principal. Physical, mental, emotional or cyber bullying by parents, staff or students will not be tolerated and may result in dismissal from the studio.
- RJ Performing Arts Academy takes no responsibility for any stolen or misplaced property on the studio premises and we encourage our families to avoid bringing valuable items into the studio where possible.
- Only private lesson students are permitted to enter solo competitions and it must be with the permission of the principal and choreographer.
- RJ Performing Arts Academy management reserves the right to change teachers or timetabling when necessary at any time throughout the year.
- Choreography, costuming and studio policies remain the intellectual property of RJ Performing Arts Academy and may not be reproduced or sold by any students, parents or staff without permission of the principal.
RJ Performing Arts Academy’s Social Media Policy refers to all social networking sites, video/photo sharing sites, blogs, micro-blogs, wikis, podcasts, forums, instant messaging and geo-spatial tagging (for example, Facebook check-ins). Please see below for our regulations regarding Social Media and feel free to contact our office staff if you have any questions.
- Please remember that your anonymity on Social Media is never guaranteed and to exercise particular caution when posts, images or videos identify children in your care.
- Remain mindful that your behaviour on Social Media remains in keeping with RJ Performing Arts Academy’s code of conduct as outlined in chapter 6 of the handbook.
- Any comments or posts perceived to be obscene, defamatory, threatening, harassing, discriminatory or hateful towards RJ Performing Arts Academy staff, students or families may subject the owner to disciplinary or legal action.
- Should you wish to engage on Social Media while identifying as a studio volunteer or employee, you may only do so with integrity, respect, and adhere to privacy and confidentiality policy.
- Any content revealing or referring to sensitive studio information is not allowed to be shared online.
- Intellectual property laws (for example, costume design and choreography) must be observed by all studio patrons when posting online.
- While affiliated with our studio, (for example, images of your child in RJ Performing Arts Academy uniform) we will not tolerate any posts that are racially, sexually, physically or religiously offensive.
- All matters pertaining directly to the studio – whether it be fees, scheduling, placements or performance opportunities – may not be communicated via Social Media. We have an open door policy and encourage all communication, complaints and feedback to be communicated to the principal directly.
- We discourage parents / students and teachers from becoming ‘friends’ or ‘followers’ on Social Media, unless there is an existing relationship. We consider all studio members to be family and as such feel the obligation to respect and monitor personal boundaries.
- You may not post photographs / videos that feature RJ Performing Arts Academy dancers other than your own online without the proven consent of their parent/guardian.
- Identifying information of any featured minors – including names, ages or location – must be removed when posting on Social Media.
When you purchase or hire a product or service with RJ Performing Arts Academy, the information we may collect from you includes your name, address, telephone numbers, email addresses, medical information and perhaps credit card or bank details. It may also include details of the products and services we provide to you as well as the status of your enrollment. We only collect information directly from our students or their parent/guardians primarily for the purpose of providing services and products to you and to administer and manage invoicing and debt collection.
We may occasionally use your information to promote and market to you, information which we consider may be of interest to you unless you contact us and tell us not to do so.
We will never sell or pass on any of your information to third parties unless required by government authorities or in the event of debt recovery. Any information passed on will be done so with appropriate privacy and confidentiality protection.
Information is stored securely in paper or electronic form and is accessible only by authorised personnel.
If you would like to know what information we hold about you or wish to update the information, or if you wish to be removed from all further direct marketing communications, please contact us via email.
Upfront Payment – you will receive your term invoice prior to the completion of the previous term (week 8) and have until the end of week 1 to pay these fees in full. Payment options include cash, cheque, or Internet Bank Transfer.
Overdue fees will accrue an administration fee of $10.00 per week that it is past due and if fees remain unpaid in week 6 of classes students will not be permitted to participate in their lessons.
Please note: All students are invoiced based on a 10-week term so your invoice will be the same each term unless you change classes. If you decide to withdraw from classes mid-term for any reason, you will still be charged for the entire invoiced period.
Refunds will not be issued for missed classes due to cancellation or public holiday – where possible, we will endeavour to arrange make-up lessons for classes cancelled by RJ Performing Arts Academy or will offer an alternative class.